Podcasts are increasingly popular as a form of entertainment and are fun and easy to create for yourself. For all your recording needs, the CMS400 podcast microphone from Vonyx is a complete kit that features all the accessories necessary to get recording sessions off to a great start.
This condenser studio microphone is ideal for uses such as: radio talk shows, podcasts, social media videos and streaming. It is favourable over a dynamic microphone as it is more sensitive, therefore looks to amplify more delicate sounds. They pick up sound accurately and in detail with a sensitive diaphragm (the front plate in a mic that moves with sound pressure, creating electrical output).
Condenser mics use phantom power (48V from a preamp) to reproduce their high output, reducing the need for a high amount of gain at the preamp. Little gain means less background noise in your recordings, as it will focus only on the sound coming from your voice up close to the mic.
Included in the package is an XLR male to female cable. Connect the studio mic to a preamp or audio interface with this cable, which will amplify its signal and the XLR connection has a great amount of noise reduction, making your recordings sound clear and defined.
The additional pop filter and windshield will make a listener's experience of your podcast or recording more pleasant. Both accessories eliminate the harsh sound of breathing down the mic and also reduce hissing and thumping when you make ‘S' and ‘P' sounds.
The adjustable desk arm can be moved and higher/lower so that the podcast microphone sits in the perfect position for you to talk into. If you need to move the arm mid-recording, then the shock mount absorbs the movement and reduces the amount of noise picked up. It even works to reduce knocks and hits on the table that the arm is placed on.
- Podcast microphone with a sensitive diaphragm is a perfect choice for recording voices
- Connection to preamp/audio interfaces with XLR cables supplied, providing superior noise reduction for clear recording results
- XLR to 3.5mm jack cable also supplied to connect the mic directly to laptop or PC
- Accessories included: XLR male to female and XLR to 3.5mm jack cables, shock mount, mic holder, windshield, pop filter, condenser microphone and adjustable desk stand/arm
- Pop filter and windshield limit breathiness on the mic that causes peaks in audio signals, and reduces ‘S' and ‘P' sounds which create harsh sounds in the recording
- Shock mount helps absorb knocks, bumps and thuds that are created from movement or heavy contact with the surface the arm is on or the arm itself, making a smooth recording
- Increased dynamic range for full-sounding vocal recordings
- 2 year extended warranty
- Sensitive condenser microphone
- Adjustable microphone studio stand
- Included shock mount handheld microphone holder, pop filter and windscreen
- Increased dynamic range
- 18dB equivalent noise level
- Cable with 3.5mm jack for direct connection to PC/laptop
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- SPL max: 126dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB (+/-2dB) / 1KhZ
- Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Battery: Phantom 12-48VDC
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Connection: XLR / 3.5mm jack
- Dimensions: 590 x 250 x 95mm